The site icon widget is a simple way to display your site icon on your site itself. By default, site icons aren’t displayed anywhere on your site because they’re used externally;this plugin is an easier way to show it on the site without a clumsy image widget plugin, and to make sure you icon gets updated everywhere when it’s changed.
Note that site icons must be square and that their primary purpose is to be used as browser and device icons. However, this plugin provides a convenient way to also display the site icon on the site itself, when exactly the same square icon is intended.
Latest version: Download Site Icon Widget v1.1.1
Site Icon Widget has been downloaded 424 times through WordPress.org.
- Take the easy route and install through the WordPress plugin installer, or,
- Download the .zip file and upload the unzipped folder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Add the widget to your sidebar(s) in the Customizer under widgets
Q. Where are the options?
A. There are no options. To change your site icon, go to the core “Site Identity” section in the Customizer. To add your site icon to a widget area, go to Customize -> Widgets -> the widget area -> add a widget.
- Fix button text to manage the site icon from the widget.
- Add support for partial refresh in the customizer preview, available in WordPress 4.5.
- Add a button to change your site icon to the widget form, which automatically links to the site icon UI (which has also been updated in WordPress 4.5).
- First publicly available version of the plugin.