If you use custom post types, you may wish to display recent posts of a custom type in place of recent posts on your front page. A common example is showcasing your portfolio on your front page, with posts being shown elsewhere.
With this plugin, you can select a post type other than “Posts” for the latest posts shown on the front page.
Latest version: Download Front Page Custom Post Type v1.0
Front Page Custom Post Type has been downloaded 731 times through WordPress.org.
- Take the easy route and install through the WordPress plugin installer, or,
- Download the .zip file and upload the unzipped folder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Go to the static front page section in the customizer, set the front page to show the latest posts, and preview the front page to show the front page post type option.
Q. Where are the options?
A. Go to the static front page section in the customizer. You need to be previewing the front page
Q. Theme doesn’t display correctly with custom post type
A. Some themes do not account for post types other than
post in their styles. If switching the frot page post type changes the layout, you can try contacting the theme author and asking them to support other post types as well, or you can restore the indended styling with custom CSS based on the theme’s styling for
- First publicly available version of the plugin.